Each year the SSA budgets
several thousand dollars to be awarded in the form of teacher grants.
To be awarded an SSA grant, please follow
- Download a grant application from the SSA website.
- Complete the application and submit it to Dr. Kimberly Stallons. If the
grant is approved, the application will be given to the SSA co-Presidents.
- At the next SSA Executive Board meeting, the grant will be discussed and the board members
will vote. If the grant request is $1-$1,000, the SSA Executive Board can give the final approval with a simple majority vote.
If the grant request is between $1,000-$2,000, the SSA Executive Board
can give the final approval with unanimous vote in favor of the grant. If the grant request is more than $2,000,
the SSA Executive Board must first approve the grant (by simple majority) and then submit it for approval at the next SSA
- Each grant application has a member of the SSA Executive Board assigned to be a 'Grant Liaison'. If a grant is approved,
the Grant Liaison will contact the teacher who submitted the grant in order to arrange for payment.
Please consider the following when applying for an SSA grant:
- Due to the multiple-step process, it is important to be aware of the SSA’s meeting
schedule. Please refer to a Spoede calendar of events and allot
adequate time for your grant to be approved. Grants must be submitted to the co-Presidents no later than the last Executive
Board meeting of the year. Click here for SSA Calendar
- The broader the impact of your proposal, the
greater your chances of approval. The SSA has approved grants which impact a single class, but those which impact an entire
grade or the entire student body are always well received.
- Please do not feel inhibited
to submit a grant. The SSA allots more money to this category than any other in its annual budget!
*On April 8, 2014, the SSA moved that grant expenditures plus or minus 10%
of the approved grant amount do not require further approval (up to the amount of $500) to cover incidental costs such as
SSA Grant Application
Grants from the 2016-2017 School Year
Grants from the 2015-2016 School Year
Grants from the 2014-2015 School Year